July 11, 2012

Haskell Collection

*The photo above is from the National Gallery of Australia's collection.  Mr. Haskell has a similar print from Robert Motherwell's Blue Elegy series, shown in The Haskell Collection Catalogue.My jaw literally dropped when I first walked into the Haskell building this spring.  Having just moved to Jacksonville, I was not familiar with Mr. Haskell’s tremendous collection of modern art or his contribution to the arts community.  His collection is simply stunning and includes works from: Hans Hofmann, Franz Kiline, Jasper Johns, Robert Motherwell, Frank Stella, Willem de Kooning, Mark Rothko, and Robert Rauschenberg.  Mr. Haskell graciously invited me to explore the works that adorn the walls of his company building.  I am grateful to have had this unforeseen opportunity, as I thought I was simply doing some business in a regular building that day.  As it turns out, I walked right into a modern art lover’s dream, a real gem in Jacksonville!

For more on Mr. Haskell-

2 comments:

KateS said...

I love your blog Emily! Great posts!!

E Jenkins said...

Glad you like it... will post on your favorite impressionist soon!